Sun-Barrier Cream 45g
- 100% natural, pure and organic ingredients
- Safe for babies and suitable for sensitive skin including those that suffer from skin conditions such as eczema
- Doubles as a mosquito and sandfly repellent
- Water-resistant factor
- Moisturising and nourishing for the skin, while protecting it
- Acts as barrier, so no need to wait 20 minutes before going out in the sun
I developed this initially for my 7-month old son, as when I started to investigate which sunblock to buy for him as the New Zealand summer rolled around. I discovered many of the existing sunscreens on the market contained lots of nasty chemicals, preservatives and artificial fragrances – which with further research, I wasn't happy about using on him.
Ingredients: Unrefined shea butter*, cold-pressed virgin coconut oil*, pharmaceutical-grade non-nano zinc oxide, NZ beeswax*, natural vitamin E and pure therapeutic-grade lavender essential oil*. *organic
The zinc oxide acts as the main active ingredient against UV, and the other ingredients provide a smaller SPF. Non-nano zinc oxide is used because it means the particles are not small enough to enter the bloodstream, unlike other sunscreens on the market.
It is not lab tested (so I cannot provide an exact SPF factor), but it is human tested with great success